Forum für Finnen-Fans

Tummelplatz für alle Freunde des finnischen Skispringens
Aktuelle Zeit: Sa 20. Apr 2024, 12:32

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 34 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
BeitragVerfasst: Di 8. Mär 2011, 13:36 
Weltcupsieger

Here is my new story. It's the third chapter of the saga "Finnish stories". You can read this story without have read the 2 first chapters but you will have some difficulties to understand some elements. I advice to read first "Finnish stories: Confessions" and then "Finnish stories: changes are needed".

Main characters: Janne Happonen, Matti Hautamäki & Janne Ahonen
Secondary characters: Harri Olli, Veli-Matti Lindström, Tami Kiuru, Jussi Hautamäki, Arttu Lappi, Ville Kantee & Anssi Koivuranta.

Time of the action: 2021-2023

Like ever, it's a fiction and everything comes from my strange imagination.

I wish you a pleasant reading time in my fantasy world and I'm looking for your comments in the feedback thread.

Zuletzt geändert von Ptitpou am Di 8. Mär 2011, 13:39, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Betreff des Beitrags:
Verfasst: Di 8. Mär 2011, 13:36 

BeitragVerfasst: Di 8. Mär 2011, 13:37 
Weltcupsieger

1. When a letter makes you feel sad

It was a sad rainy Monday like so often in October in Helsinki. The leaves of the trees were already fallen since a couple of days. It was quite cold and windy. People were walking very fast to catch a bus or tram. A man exited the subway in Herttoniemi at few kilometers from the city center at the East, the hood on his head, a hand in the pocket of his long dark brown leather jacket and the other holding his collar. He was walking quickly, looking at the ground. He knew the way by heart: each hole, each stone, and each mark. He knew the different sounds of the crossing lights if it was red or green and didn’t need to raise his head. When he saw the drawing made by kids two days ago with chalk which was disappearing under the rain, he turned left and stopped ten meters further. He took his keys from his pocket and opened the door of his building. He was too lazy to walk the stairs. He used the elevator.

When he opened the door of his flat he took the mail waiting between the two doors. He opened the second door and breathed out. He was finally home. He took off his shoes and coat before to walk to the kitchen. On the way he threw the mail on the glass table of the living room. He turned on the coffee machine and lighted a cigarette. He was freezing. His hands were a bit reddish because of the cold but they were getting warmer. He was forty years old, single and was slowly starting a new life. He spent his spring and summer in a clinic of rehab to treat his addiction to drugs. That period had been difficult to live. He thought that once he would be healthy again his life would change and become better. He had not high ambitions. He just wanted to be happy, have a job and maybe to have his own family. But he knew that it would probably never happen. He looked at the letter which was on the table, explaining the cruel reality.

Since he was at home, he didn’t contact friends or relatives. He was just at home, hanging out or going to the doctor to check his health. He didn’t answer the rare SMS he received or phone calls. When someone rang at the door, he didn’t open. He was not ready to meet people he knew. Not yet. He poured some coffee in a mug and went to the living room without looking at the letter. On the shelf he looked at his pictures. There was one of him, smiling with an Olympic silver medal. He got it in Turin in 2006 on the normal hill. It was one of his best achievements during his long ski jumping career. He also remembered how bitter it was to have missed the gold medal for almost nothing. On the next picture he was fishing with his big brother some summers ago. They had a lot of fun that day even if the fishing wasn’t that successful. It reminded him that he didn’t see his brother since his birthday in July. He knew that he had to call, but he had no envy. He wanted to be alone. Alone with his souvenirs.

He sat on the sofa and his two cats jumped to him. They were happy to get some attention. With a hand he was stroking a cat and with the other on he caught the remote of his Hifi. He turned it on and chose the play list “Opera”. Yes, when he was getting old he learned to like opera. First he thought that it was good for old people but once he went with his former colleagues to see “Carmen” and really enjoyed it. But at the moment he was sad and depressed and wanted to listen to something sad. His Hifi was playing E lucevan le stelle. He closed his eyes and a tear ran on his cheek.

BeitragVerfasst: Di 8. Mär 2011, 13:38 
Weltcupsieger

2. Unforgiving scale

October 21th, 2021

Janne Happonen was singing in his bedroom. He opened his wardrobe and looked at his clothes. What could he wear for a date? The meeting was planned for the following Saturday but he preferred to check in advance his clothes to don’t be in a hurry if there was any problem. It was the first time since he broke up the previous spring with Henna that he was dating. Henna had been a painful experience. He was really in love with her and he thought that it was the same for her. But one day, he found her in his bed with his roommate Janne Ahonen. First he was furious to Janne but then Ahonen said that her name was Svetlana. She was cheating on both Janne.

But now Havu was a new man. He was sure that he found the right girl for him. He took the suite that he wore for his second wedding and tried it. He blocked his breathing and tried to close the button of the trouser. He couldn’t remember that it was so hard. He breathed out before to try again. He pressed his lips together and was moving like a worm. He swore. It was impossible to close it. He looked at his belly. Was he that fat? He was unable to make a conclusion. Maybe he gained some kilos in a couple of years. He took another trouser that he bought maybe a year ago. Again, it was hard to close. But he made it. When he breathed out the trouser was so tight that it was painful. He had to open it. Angry, he threw it on the bed and sat. He was not fat. He just got more muscles, he thought.

He went to the bathroom and looked at the squared object on the floor. When was the last time he used it? He couldn’t remember. But how to ensure that it was correct? He went to the kitchen and took a bag of one kilo of sugar. He put it on the scale: 1.01kg. The scale was correctly set. He took off his shirt and breathed. Why was he stressed? Is it that terrible to go on a scale? Not really. But the result was. He placed a foot on it and the scale showed 8.6kg. He moved slowly his left foot to the scale. He looked at the wall. Did he really want to know the result? Then he thought about the result. What could be the reason that the scale shows a huge number? He found two reasons. He ate too often to the fast food restaurants during his working hours and his job was more and more physical. He needed power and strength in his members. To gain muscles he was going three times a week to the gym. He breathed deeply and moved his head down. The scale was showing 87.4kg. He got off and looked at him in the mirror. “No more McDonald’s or Hessburger until Christmas,” he promised.

BeitragVerfasst: Di 8. Mär 2011, 20:48 
Weltcupsieger

3. Family meeting

November 17th

Janne Ahonen was in front of the mirror of the bathroom, shaving the last beard hair he missed. He had to look good. This was important. The previous day he went to the hairdresser, he bought new clothes and shoes. At 10 o’clock he locked his room which was situated in a long wood building with only one floor on the military island of Santa Hamina. Since the previous spring he was working there as cook assistant. It was a hard job but he liked it. He has never been talented as a cook but for soldiers you don’t need to be gifted. It was simple food which had to feed hungry men.

He crossed the bridge which separated the island from the city and took a bus to the city center. From there he jumped in another bus to Matinkylä in South-East of Espoo. It was only the second time that he went there. This ex-wife Tiia was living in a very modern flat with view on the sea with her new boyfriend. He knew that in a couple of months they would get married or break up. But he was not invited to visit his ex. He was going there for his son Mico.

More than a year ago Mico went to US for studying. There he met a girl and wanted to get married. The problem was that he had no money and asked his parents for help. Tiia refused to pay everything. Janne had to participate. But at that time Janne was unemployed and had no savings. Currently he was working but he was still not rich and his bank account was not impressive.

Janne adjusted his hair in the mirror of the elevator before to ring at the door. It would be the first time in almost two years that he would see his son. He was happy. He was waiting that moment since a long time but in the meantime he was stressed. He didn’t know what to expect, if Mico would be happy to see him, what he would say. He coughed and knocked at the door. Someone was walking. There was also someone talking in the background. The door opened and Janne greeted his ex. She had long straight blond hair, a lot of make up on her face, a necklace in silver or white gold with a heart in diamond. It probably was very valuable. She was wearing a light white dress until her knees. He noticed that she was skinnier than last time he met her. She invited him to come in but didn’t hug or even touch his hand. It really meant that there was no hope for Janne to be again with her. He also noticed when she closed the door that she had a ring on her left ring finger.

The apartment was very modern. The furniture was in modern style, white, in glass or metal. The sun was shining and bringing a lot of light in the living room. A man went to Janne to welcome him. He estimated that he was around forty five, maybe forty eight. His hair was short and black. His face was squared like his glasses. He was wearing a white and blue lined shirt with a dark blue trouser. “Hello, my name is Uhro,” he said. The men shook their hands and Janne went to the living room. Janne was a bit impressed by the flat. He guessed that Uhro was rich. In a way he was happy for his ex-wife. He knew that she liked money.

Uhro opened a bottle of white wine and gave a glass to Janne who thanked. “How long have you been together?” Janne asked curious. “About eight months. We met to a fashion show.” “A fashion show,” Janne repeated a bit perplexed and surprised. “We have a lot in common. We like fashion, good wines, design, luxury. We are the perfect couple. We were born to meet.” “I see…” Janne commented. He didn’t know if he was sincere or if it was a strategy to make him jealous. “I’m finally happy. I’ve the impression to be alive. It’s so great. Before I was like dead,” Tiia said while she sat on the sofa next to her boyfriend. After this remark Janne knew that there would be a psycho war between them. But he would not give up and not create a scandal too.

“Where is Mico?” Janne changed the subject of the conversion which was close to become insane. “He should be there quite soon,” Tiia said before to kiss her boyfriend. Janne didn’t react but he was a bit scared to notice that he was jealous. “Can I go to your balcony to smoke?” “Yes, sure,” Urho answered. The balcony wasn’t big but just wide enough to install a table and chairs. The flat was situated at the seventh floor of a residential building. From there he had a nice view on a little forest and in the background to the sea. In summer time it was probably nice to see the boats. But in November there was none on the water.

Janne heard the door bell. His son was there. He was stressed again even if he was smoking. When he heard his voice coming closer he walked back to the living room. “Hi Dad.” Janne was looking at the man in from of him who was his son. He was almost twenty years old but didn’t look anymore like the little boy he knew or the innocent teenager. He was taller than Janne, with long black hair, a piercing on the right eye brow, another in the nose and a third one over the chin. But the most impressive was his global appearance. He was probably weighting over hundred kilos. Was he really his little Mico? “Hi Mico.” And the two men hugged. “Let me introduce you my girlfriend. Here is Allison,” Mico said. Janne shook her hand, smiled and looked a bit at her. She was around one meter sixty high, with straight long black hair, a rounded face, dark purple lips, blue eyes underlined with pink make up. She was wearing a colorful dress. And she was as large as Mico.

“Are you okay, Dad?” “Yes, yes I’m okay.” Janne was still a bit shocked. “It’s the emotion. I haven’t seen you for years. Tell me, how are your studies going?” “Well… I’ve quitted the university last spring.” “What?” Janne asked quite surprised. “But don’t worry. I’m not living in the street. I’m a member of a death metal band! We’ll be soon famous. And Allison is also member. She’s playing the keyboard. And in my free time I’m an ice hockey player. I’m quite good. I lost so many years, trying to be a ski jumper but it wasn’t a sport for me. And it’s because of you. You always wanted me to do the same as you. But I’m not you! And I will never be. I’m Mico, not Janne junior.” “I’m glad that you find a sport which corresponds to your personality but to be musician… Mico there are hundreds, thousands which will never succeed,” Janne explained his worries. But it seemed to be useless. Mico was sure about his choice.

After the meal which was delicious, Mico took his glass and announced: “With Allison, we have something to tell you. We know that you won’t us to get married because you are too stingy but I can tell you that we won’t break up. We can already tell you that next spring you’ll be grandmother and grandfather.” “What? Are you kidding?” Tiia said totally shocked. She couldn’t imagine someone calling her grandmother or granny. “A child is not a toy! Mico, please think a bit. If you are a musician and having concerts, you’ll be travelling a lot and won’t be there for your baby. Do you remember how it was for you when your stupid father was touring the World Cup?” Janne didn’t appreciate the comment but she was right. He hoped that his son would get the point.

“I think that it’s time for me to leave,” Janne said quite embarrassed by the situation. “Oh no. you will stay here. We have some family business to do,” his ex-wife told him looking straight in his eyes. “Tiia, you won’t change his mind and the baby will be born in spring whatever you will say. Let’s just don’t lose the trust he has in us.”

Janne went back to his son and asked about his plans. “Well… we don’t know yet if we want to stay here or to fly back. The thing is that the band is in US but the money and my family are in Finland. You and Mom can help us.” Janne didn’t want to lose his son but if he wanted to stay in Finland just because of the money he would be disappointed. “I’ll help you how I can. But I cannot do miracles. You know I’m working ten hours a day and at the end of the month, when all the bills are paid I’ve only 250€ left. I’d like to have a car. But I can’t have one at the moment. It’s why I save some money. I can give you this money but it will not be enough. Remember what I taught you. Money is not easy to get and there is no success before hard work,” Janne said calmly to his son.

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 9. Mär 2011, 14:27 
Weltcupsieger

4. Secret project

Very end of November

Nina Olli was again alone. Her husband Harri was in mission in Greenland. She was happy to see that his career of biologist was evolving but he was more and more often absent for long periods. Last February he went for his first mission to Antarctica for six months to study the development of bacteria affecting the fertility of penguins. She hoped that he would be back for Christmas. But she was not bored when she was at home. In the basement of her house she installed a laboratory with all the needed equipment. She bought some with her own savings and she took some old material from the firm which wanted to destroy. She was doing her own experimentations. It was not requested by the company. She had a secret project. Nobody else knew about it. Not even her husband. And she knew that if she succeeded she would be very famous. Human being had two huge dreams. The first one was call the Icare’s dream. Nowadays humans were almost able to fly like birds but they needed special equipment. She was not interested in that dream. It was almost not a dream anymore. She was looking to cells moving in her microscope. She wrote her findings on a piece of paper before to spend the end of her evening to write a report on her laptop.

She was forty two years old but many people were thinking that she was much older. She was very classical in her style. Her blond hair was in a pony tail. She was always wearing her pearl earrings. She had a rounded face and was wearing golden glasses only when she was reading or working. She had a grey t-shirt and a black trouser. At work she was working on a big project consisting to find a solution to kill the AIDS virus. She was specialized in virus mutation. It would be soon the ninth year that she worked on this. Each little discovery was very important but she knew that it wasn’t enough to treat all the infected patients in the world.

At that moment she wasn’t thinking about these people. She was thinking that her secret project was much more interesting. She knew that one day she would need a human to test her results. But how to bring him or her in the house and that Harri would not notice. And how to act if anything bad happened? She still had time to think about that kind of details. Before to experiment on human, she would try on animals. She wondered how many months or years she would need before to succeed. And she had to consider that maybe she would never find the solution. But she was an optimistic person and hard worker. It was the reason why she worked three to four hours a day on that project.

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 9. Mär 2011, 14:28 
Weltcupsieger

5. Everybody has a secret

Early December

Jussi Hautamäki was in trouble. It was not new but this time it was serious. He needed the help of someone he could trust. But who? His life was complicated. It was a nightmare since he was fired from the carpenter company in Kuopio few years ago. At the moment he was lucky to have a job as salesman in a pet shop but he had a serious problem. Since he moved to Helsinki he became a drug addict. So much that his salary was not enough to pay what he needed plus the other expenses. Sometimes he asked for some money to his little brother but he always felt a bit ashamed. And once he decided to sell also the drug in the street to pay what he needed. First he was scared. But then he learnt how to find the consumers and to escape from the police. He had never been caught and he was proud of it. He earned easily some extra money and spent it for useless products and services. But he liked money. It was so great to go out on Saturday evening and to spend 200€ at the bar, with girls or any other kind of entertainment. The problem was always the same. He spent more money than what he got. He was borrowing money where he could. But sometimes he had to give it back. And one that day of early December this debts were huge.

He took the subway in Sörnäinen, the popular area with cheap alcohol and exited it few stations further in the rich area of Herttoniemi. He crossed the road and walked in the direction of the sea. He took his keys and opened the door of the building. No, he was not living there. It was too expensive for him. But someone who loved him more than anybody else was living in that modern building. Even if he had the key, he rang at the door of the flat. He heard some music in the background. He was there but would he open the door? He heard the sound of the lock and the door opened.

His brother invited him to enter in the living room which was quite tidy. It was surprising for a Hautamäki. There was only a shirt on the chair of the dining room, few papers on the table and a glass of wine on the table in front of the sofa. Matti stopped the hifi which was playing some sad classical music. He did it to avoid stupid comments from his brother. Jussi sat heavily on the sofa and put his feet on the table. “Be like at home,” said Matti not very happy about his behavior. “I’m, thanks. Can I have some wine?” the oldest brother requested. Matti went to the kitchen and opened a bottle of cheap wine. He didn’t want to share his good wine with his brother who didn’t appreciate the quality. He took the letter that made him sad and hid it in a drawer. He had no envy that his brother or anybody else found it.

“Why are you here?” Matti asked while he gave the glass. “I missed you. I haven’t seen you since a while and you are not very talkative at the phone.” “And since when do you care about me? Tell me. What do you want?” Jussi didn’t know if it was a great idea to talk directly about that subject. “It’s Christmas in less than three weeks. Have you already thought about it? What will you do? Whom do you want to spend it?” he asked. “Well… not really. I don’t like anymore this event. It’s just nice for kids. Maybe you should spend it in Kuopio with your ex-wife. If she refuses you can say that it’s for the kids. When was the last time you saw them?” Matti asked before to drink a sip. “Years. But I already know that she will not accept. She has a new husband and we are not in touch with each other anymore. I’ve a great idea!” Jussi said, almost jumping on the sofa. Matti was perplexed. The ideas of his brother were never really great. “Let’s go to Oulu and to celebrate it with Dad and Mom! I’m sure that they will be very happy. What do you think?” “Well… I don’t know if I want to spend Christmas with old people by -35°C in the middle of nowhere. It’s too far away. I don’t like to travel there. I think that I will stay here, having some ham and watching Nightmare before Christmas,” Matti explained. Jussi finished his glass quickly. Matti thought that he was right to have served some cheap wine.

“You know what? You should start again your addition. You really looked better and you were not that moody. Where is the happy Matti, having fun every Saturday nights?” “He is dead. I was a drug addict and almost an alcoholic. I was behaving like a teenager and I changed before to kill myself. I lost my job because of that.” “But you have a new one now. And it’s less stressful. So much less that you are living like a fifty years old man. Wake up Matti! Come with me! Let’s have fun!” Jussi tried to motivate his brother. “No, I’m sorry. I’m not the same anymore. And I think that you should change as well. I don’t want to get a phone call from the police saying that you had an overdose. I give you more wine.” Matti took the glasses and went to the kitchen. He poured the bad wine in Jussi’s glass and the good one in his glass.

When he was walking back Jussi was observing his brother. He looked pretty tired, the face quite pale, the head down, he was never looking at him straight in the eyes and he was wearing a long dark blue shirt too wide and sport grey pants, also too wide. “How many kilos did you lose since you entered the clinic?” Jussi asked. “I don’t know. A couple. Maybe five,” Matti said while he gave his glass to Jussi. “I think much more. I haven’t seen your cheeks that hollow since years. Maybe when you quitted ski jumping. Matti, I’m worried. I care of you like you care of me. Tell me, what’s wrong?” Jussi asked in a low voice. He knew that his brother was hiding something. Something which made him sad. “Thanks for taking care of me but I’m fine. I just need some time to come back to the normal life. It’s a side effect. Nothing else,” Matti reassured even if Jussi still didn’t believe it.

“Well… I admit that I need your help. Can you lend me again some money? I promise to give you everything back. I don’t know when but I will. Can you?” “Why? Why do you always need money? You have a job and I guess that your rent is not even the half of mine.” Jussi wanted some more wine but Matti refused. He wanted to get an answer. “You won’t help me if I tell you. But if you tell me your secret I’ll tell you mine,” Jussi proposed. “Okay, how much money do you want?” Matti asked while he crossed his legs.

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 9. Mär 2011, 19:31 
Weltcupsieger

6. House of my dreams

December 18th

Janne Happonen felt like the happiest man on Earth. He was dating the perfect girl. They met at the gym, a modern building with the latest equipment, colorful, with friendly staff members and a plenty of difference courses available. He needed to be stronger for his job and she wanted to have a great body for summer. Every Tuesday they were on a bike listening to their iPod. Once Havu forgot to recharge the battery. He thought that it was the perfect excuse to start the conversation. At the beginning it was just normal small talks. Then they talked about their jobs, hobbies, families. And one day he invited her to the cinema. It was how everything started.

Janne was in advance. He was looking at the street where he was. It was calm, with only detached houses. Many families were living there. The area was deserved by the public transportation. There was a bus stop near the red house and another on right after the corner. The snow was covering the ground and the gardens. But he was not there to check if there was a robbery in a house. He was not a policeman that day. He was just himself.

Two cars arrived following each other. They stopped near Janne. In the first car, there was his girlfriend. She went to him and kissed. She was 32 years old, black medium long hair, the skin color coffee, dark brown eyes and a wonderful smile. Her name was Maria and she was born in Brazil. She was living in Finland since five years. She was not completely fluent in Finnish but Janne liked so much her warm accent. She was wearing a long beige coat and white boots. The man who came in the other car was a real estate agent. Janne and Maria wanted to buy a house. Not too big, not too small in a quiet location. They saw that house on the Internet webpage and were very enthusiast to visit it. It was located in Käpylä at only few kilometers from the city center and very close from Pasila where Janne was working.

The house was built in old Finnish style. It was in wood, light green, with two floors, a garden and a garage for two cars. The house also had a two-room flat that could be used for guests, handicraft workshop or could be rented to a student for example. Inside the main house there was a kitchen recently renovated opened on the living room. There was a huge window with an access to the terrace. On that floor there was also a bathroom with sauna and a bed room which can also be an office room. Upstairs there were two rooms, a bathroom and an open space which could be a living room or a playground. Janne checked that the walls were not moist, that there was no worm in the ceiling and other little details. “What do you think, honey?” he asked. “It’s beautiful. I really like it. And the area is so quiet. It’s almost like if we were in the countryside. And the house looks like the house of my dreams,” she expressed with her warm voice. “We take it,” Janne announced to the agent who was really happy to have sold a house.

When they were going back to the cars Janne was surprised to hear his name. He looked around and suddenly he saw Veli-Matti Lindström on the other side of the street. “Hey man, what are you doing here?” Vellu asked. “We just bought that house.” “Really? Oh that’s great. We will be neighbors.” “Where do you live?” Havu asked. “Just in front of you on the other side of the road. Is she your girlfriend?” “My fiancée. Veli-Matti let me introduce you Maria. Maria this is Veli-Matti.” “Nice to meet you. Please call me Vellu.” “Nice to meet you,” she answered with a smile. “Let’s go to my house to have a cup of coffee. It’s so cold outside,” Vellu invited and his future neighbors accepted.

Veli-Matti prepared some coffee while his wife was taking care of their four kids. Janne was smiling when he saw that the living room was full of toys. In the corner there was a huge Christmas tree well decorated. “Sorry for the mess. Our little terminators are very active,” Vellu said while he put the trail with coffee and ginger bread on the table and his guests smiled. “You are very courageous to have four kids. It must not be easy every day,” Janne commented. “It’s not. But we are a happy family. I can’t remember how my life was before they were born. But tell me more about your couple. How did you meet?” Janne and Maria laughed. “We met at the gym. Janne is so funny. I like his humor even if I don’t always understand it. My Finnish is not good enough to understand all the jokes.” “But it’s excellent for a foreigner. Finnish is not easy at all. And you Janne, you will learn… which language?” “Brazilian Portuguese,” she answered with a smile. “I’ll learn the bad words and how to order a beer. It’s essential to survive,” Janne added with humor and Vellu laughed. “When is the wedding scheduled?” Veli-Matti asked. “Well… we are not yet thinking of it,” Janne said. “I’d love to be your wife,” Maria answered and kissed her love.

BeitragVerfasst: Mi 9. Mär 2011, 20:02 
Weltcupsieger

7. A day or another I will know your secret

Janne Ahonen was in a café with Tami Kiuru. Tami was mixing his coffee since three minutes and both were silent. “It’s a bit cold today,” Janne said to start a conversation but didn’t get an answer. The two men had once or twice a month a meeting somewhere in town to discuss during the last nine months. Janne was very open and was not ashamed to talk about all the stupid things he did and all the bad situations he faced. Tami at the opposite was close and cold. There was clearly a difference between the public and private matters. During summer 2020 when they were invited on the island of Harri Olli he noticed some strange bruises on his body. Tami said that he helped a friend to move and that he fell in the stairs. Some weeks later Janne asked for sleeping at his place. Tami and his wife refused that he visited the house and locked him in the bedroom during the night. Janne was sure that the couple Kiuru was hiding a secret and probably didn’t want that someone discover it. He thought that it had something to do with their daughter. All the pictures on the shelves were old and the house was too tidy. It was only in spring that he decided to understand what happened. He was curious but he also wanted to know why his friend looked sad.

“How is your daughter?” Janne asked. “Fine.” “And at school?” “Good.” “She likes to dance, doesn’t she?” “Yes.” “Do you go to see her shows?” “Yes.” “Come on Tami. I’m not a cop but at the moment I’ve the impression to interrogate a suspect,” Janne complained. “Stop asking questions and drink your coffee. It must be cold now,” Tami replied. Janne was certain to be right. But how to know more? His friend was not very cooperative. “What do you want?” Tami asked, looking straight to Janne’s eyes. “I’m worried for you. I mean. You are close, not talkative. You don’t answer normal questions about your family and I can feel that you are not doing well.” “Next time I’ll visit the doctor I’ll send you a copy of the report and maybe you will leave me alone.” “I feel really sorry for you but it seems that I’m worried for nothing. I’d like to invite your family for lunch or dinner some day. What about January 10th?” Janne proposed. “We are in ski holiday in Austria.” “Okay, what about the 24th?” “We are going to Joensuu to visit my mother-in-law.” “And during the week. What about the 20th?” “I’m going to a hip-hop concert. Some new comers.” “Great. I can come with you,” Janne proposed. “No, the tickets are sold out.” Janne finished his coffee at once. He understood that he would get nothing from Tami. He wished him nice ski holidays and left the café.

In the street he called a friend. “Hi Janne, it’s Janne. I’ve something to ask you. Can I come to your place to talk?” He took the tram 7A in direction of Pasila. Some minutes later he was sat on the sofa of Janne Happonen. His flat was full of boxes. He was ready to move out. He explained that he just bought a house in Käpylä and would move there the following week with his fiancée. “It’s great. I hope that it’s really the right one for you. You were enough unlucky with girls,” Ahonen commented. “I’m sure. She is really different from the other girls and she was also quite unlucky. By the way, you said that you wanted to ask for something,” Happonen reminded. “Yeah it’s a bit special. At work do you have access to people database? I mean to know basic information about someone.” “Yes, if I need it I can use it but I must have a good reason for it. Every time I log in, each click and searches are recorded. It’s to avoid abuses. Why?” “Well… I’d like to know where someone is.” “Ask Fonecta,” Havu replied. “But this person is under 18. She probably disappears,” Rane explained. “What are you talking about? If this person is missing there should be a description of that person in the police station.” “And if nobody says that she is missing?” “Janne, what have you done?” Happonen asked a bit worried. “Nothing, don’t worry. But I guess that someone did it and I’d like to know what happened to that little girl. She is maybe in danger or dead. Please Havu, can you help me?” Ahonen begged.

Havu was not sure if he could accept the request. The problem was how to justify that search. And he didn’t want to be in trouble now that his life was finally going well. And it was also not the right moment to lose his job. He just bought a house and would have to pay for it at least during twenty years. “Well, write her name on a paper and I’ll see what I can do. I can’t promise to bring you any result.” When he got it he looked at his friend. “What the hell is going on? It’s Tami’s daughter.” “I know Havu. I want to discover what happened to her. I think that it’s the key of the mystery Kiuru.” “Are you really sure that it’s good that you know it? It’s the private life. Do you want that someone ask the policemen to know what happened to Milo? You know, there are secrets that must stay secrets,” Havu explained. “But that secret is destroying Tami. I know it, I see it. I want to help a friend who seems to don’t realize that he is not doing well.” “I hope that you know what you are doing. I’ll contact you if I have anything new,” Havu said.

BeitragVerfasst: Do 10. Mär 2011, 15:09 
Weltcupsieger

8. The project has to be protected

Harri Olli was laid down on the sofa with his iguana on his belly. He was listening to the new Slipknot album very loudly. He was looking at Cleo which was now pretty long. But did he have to count the length of the tail in the overall size? He liked its light green color. It reminded him spring and the forest that he liked so much. When the animal was walking it was tickling. He felt the nails through his shirt. He bought that pet in October 2020 in the pet shop of Jussi Hautamäki. He had been twice working abroad for a long time and he missed its company. Unfortunately he couldn’t take it with him. Antarctica and Greenland were too cold countries. The iguana was very close from his face. So close that he could feel his breathing. Harri kissed the animal on the mouth. He liked to do it. It was so personal. This iguana was his baby. “It’s disgusting. Don’t even think of kissing me after this,” his wife Nina complained when she entered in the living room. “Cleo is so cute. He needed some love. I’m his father.” “Harri, you are ridiculous. It’s an animal,” she replied. “No, he is my baby. I love him more than anybody else,” he explained still looking at the animal. “Thank you. I appreciate. Are you sure that everything is fine in your mind?” But Harri didn’t answer. He knew that she wasn’t able to understand. Before he bought Cleo he got awful news from his doctor. He would never be a father. He was so sad that he wanted to have a pet as substitute.

“I think that after the dinner I’ll go to the basement to tidy a bit. I put my camping equipment on the floor. I was thinking of installing it in the room next to the laundry room. What do you think?” Harri asked. But Nina had to find an excuse. She was using that room for her secret laboratory. “What about the garret?” she proposed. “I don’t like to go there. The scale is quite narrow and it’s dangerous to go up or down with a tent for example. I’ll figure out after dinner. Now I just relax with Cleo. Are you agreeing my Cleo? Oh yes, I know,” he said to his pet.

Nina went to the kitchen. She had to find a solution. Harri should forget about that idea. She went silently in the basement, opened the door of her laboratory and took a phial. When she was back in the kitchen she prepared two plates and on one of them she poured the content of the phial. “Harri! Dinner is ready!” she screamed because the music was still loud. He came less than two minutes later. “Smells good. What’s that?” he asked. “Vegeterian patty,” she answered and they ate in silence. Sometimes she was looking at her husband. “I don’t know what’s going on but I feel sleepy,” Harri said. “You had a long day at work. You should go to sleep early,” she answered. “It’s only half past seven,” he replied. He yawned, again and again. He finished his plate and got up. He wanted to watch some TV but he felt so sleepy. “Honey, you should go to bed. You look so tired,” Nina said in the corridor. “I think you’re right. Maybe I’m lacking D-vitamin,” he tried to find an explanation to his sudden fatigue. He went slowly upstairs and lay on his bed. He was so tired that he fell asleep immediately.

When she was sure that he was sleeping she went to the basement and took all his camping equipment and brought it to the garret. It was hard work. She needed five times to go up and down the stairs, to carry all the stuff which was quite heavy and cumbersome. She hated the stairs to the garret. They were so narrow and they were moving after each step. She had the fear to fall and to break a bone. When everything was done, she took a shower. She sweated so much during the last hour. She thought that the next day she should install a special lock on the door of the laboratory. Maybe with a digital code or with finger print recognition. She was determined to protect her project. Nobody would steal her idea.

BeitragVerfasst: Do 10. Mär 2011, 15:21 
Weltcupsieger

9. Bad flu

January 12th, 2022

Janne Happonen was decided to visit a friend. He didn’t understand his behavior and wanted to know why he refused to have visitors. He bought a bottle of good wine in Alko, the alcohol state shop. He was quite sure that his friend would appreciate. He parked his Opel Corsa in Herttoniemi and walked less than two minutes in direction of the beach. When he was in front of the door of the building he took his phone. He hoped that he would answer because it was pretty cold. In Finland most of the doors of the buildings were locked to avoid that drunken people sleep on the stairs.

Surprisingly the door opened. His friend pressed the button in his flat. When he arrived at the right floor he saw that the door of the flat was opened. He knocked and pushed it. “Matti? It’s Havu. Are you here?” Janne asked while he took off his shoes, jacket, hat and gloves. It was very warm in that flat. A bit too much for him and it seemed that the windows haven’t been opened for a long time. “Yes, I’m here. I’ve the flu. It’s maybe better if you don’t come too close,” Matti said shyly on the way from his bedroom to the living room. He was wearing a big shirt in wool too wide and indoor pants. His nose was reddish and his skin quite pale. His head was down and he was coughing. He seemed to be cold but at the same time hot. “How long have you been sick?” Janne asked. “Few days or a bit more. Wait…” he was looking at the ceiling like if he wanted to remember. He coughed again and blew his nose. “Since Christmas. I went outside for a walk in the snow. The next morning I had fever and I didn’t feel well. But don’t worry. I’m fine.” Havu went closer. He didn’t care if he got sick or not. “Matti, it’s almost three weeks ago. A normal flu last about ten days. How much temperature do you have?” “I don’t know,” Matti answered and coughed once more. “Sit on the sofa. I come back with a thermometer.” “It’s on my night desk.” Matti looked at the bottle on the table and noticed that Havu chose a very good one. He would save it for a special event or for a good meal. During these last weeks he didn’t drink a drop of wine. He had a bad taste in his mouth and he didn’t feel like eating or drinking.

Janne Happonen sat on the sofa next to Matti gave him the thermometer. In the meantime he touched his forehead. Havu preferred to wait for the result before to make any comment. Matti took it back and had a look. “It’s not too bad. 38.5°C.” “Give it to me. Please, Matti.” Janne was sure that he lied. Finally Matti give it back. “Matti you have 40.6°C! You should see a doctor. And are you eating well? You seem so skinny.” “It’s because you’re fat,” Matti replied. Havu was not very happy about that comment but he was not furious. Matti probably felt like to be attacked and this remark was to defend. “Get up and wear warm clothes. We’re going out for a ride.” Matti protested but Janne was determined.

After more than half an hour, they exited the building. Janne was holding the arm of his friend. He could feel that he was weak and that it was not easy for him to walk on the ice even if there were stones to add some grip. “I’m cold. I want to go home,” Matti complained. “Don’t worry. We’ll continue by car. I’ve the heating in my old car,” Havu explained. Matti sat on the passenger seat and stayed mute. He coughed a couple of times. He had no idea about the destination. He was freezing. He was tired. He wanted to be in his bed. Not in the car of Havu. He closed his eyes and tried to relax.

“Matti, Matti.” What again? He didn’t want to open his eyes. He just wanted to be alone. But it was not possible. Havu was never giving up. “Come with me,” Havu said when Matti looked at him. Unwillingly he got out of the car. They were on a car park which was almost full. On the left there were some trees and on the right a huge building of four floors but very wide. “Havu I swear, I’m fine. Drive me back home. Please,” Matti begged. He knew exactly where they were. They entered in the building which had always the same smell. They sat on chairs in the corridor and waited for their turn. Havu knew that Matti hated him at that moment. But he did it to help a friend. Matti was sick and was unable to treat himself.

One hour and fifteen minutes later a doctor had time to examine Matti. Janne was in the same room and didn’t know if it was better to wait outside or not. When the doctor asked Matti to take off his shirt Havu was shocked to discover a so skinny body with some red blotches. He looked so miserable. “Do you drink enough?” the doctor asked. “I guess,” Matti answered. “You are dehydrated. You will spend the night here, with a drip and antibiotics. And you don’t have flu. You have pneumonia. A nurse is coming to prepare the drip. See you in a couple of minutes,” the doctor said before to leave the room. “Why did you drive me here? I can also sleep in my bed.” “Matti, you need the help of professionals. It’s dangerous when your temperature is over 40°C. And you are dehydrated and the doctor said that you have pneumonia. Maybe you will thank me some day. I know that now you hate me,” Happonen said while a young nurse was installing the drip on his left hand. “May I ask you something?” Matti asked and Havu accepted. “Can you take my key? It’s in my jacket pocket. Can you feed my cats, please?” “Yes, sure,” Havu answered.

When he was on the car park Havu called Jussi but didn’t reach him. The answering machine was on. “Hey Jussi. It’s Janne Happonen. Your brother is at the hospital. He has a very bad flu. Have a nice evening.” And he ended the message.

BeitragVerfasst: Do 10. Mär 2011, 21:03 
Weltcupsieger

10. Desperate housewives

Katrina Lindström had a bad default. She was very curious. Every time someone was walking in the street she looked by the window. When she walked to the closest school to accompany Oliver and Kimi she was looking to all the houses around if there was nothing unusual. In the afternoon she was going to the playground with the kids. But the aim of this place was not only for the children to meet their friends and have fun. All the housewives of the area met there to tell the latest gossips. And since a couple of weeks the main subject was the new couple who bought the house in front of Katrina’s.

“It’s a strange couple in my opinion. A Finnish man with a Brazilian girl. I guess that she is here only to get the nationality,” speculated Minna, a 35 years old mother with red hair, two kids and a husband who was almost never at home. “I hope that she will not be interested in our husbands if she is not happy with that one,” Laura added. She was always complaining since she had to stop her career of bridge construction engineer to take care of her son. She was only 32 but she looked like forty. She was doing no effort for her appearance. She never went to the haircutter and she didn’t use makeup. She was quite small and very fat. She was wearing squared silver glasses. She was not a very nice person but she was a good source of information. Many people called her the general elephant. “Well I don’t know them very well but they seem to be nice people. The husband was a ski jumper like mine. Last week she gave me some coconut cookies. They were delicious,” Katrina said with a smile. “Is she pregnant?” Minna asked. “I don’t know. I haven’t asked. They are not married, so I don’t think that she is,” Katrina guessed. Laura laughed. “Do you really think that this kind of women wait to be married to have a kid? I bet 10€ that she will be pregnant before to be married,” she added. “Maybe she is different. Can’t you let her a chance to show it?” Katrina asked. “Good idea Katrina! We should invite her someday for a tea party,” Minna proposed.

The kids went to play in Minna’s house. She had a dog who loved to play with the kids and the kids loved it too. For Katrina it was perfect. She crossed the road with a basket and rang at the door. Few seconds later the door opened. “Hi Katrina. Nice to see you,” Maria said. “Hello dear neighbor. Is everything fine?” “Yes thanks. I’m opening the last boxes. But come in. I’ll make some coffee.” “Thank you. Here are some muffins I made for you,” Katrina said while she gave the basket. “Oh that’s sweet from you,” Maria answered with a smile.

Katrina waited in the living room but she didn’t sit on the sofa. She was observing the room. It was decorated in colonial style. It was surprising in that kind of old Finnish house. The room looked like a safari with wooden little statues of African warriors, a tiger skin as carpet and a tam tam in the corner. “Be like at home Katrina. Please take a seat. Here is your cup and some cookies.” “Thank you. Do you like the neighborhood? Are people nice?” Katrina asked while she mixed her coffee. “I haven’t been much outside but currently yes. I like it. We thought with Janne to organize a party to know a bit more our neighbors.” “Oh this is a great idea. We’ll come with great pleasure. You know in this neighborhood we know each other quite well. And I know that for a new comer it’s not that easy. We thought with the other mothers that you could join our group. We meet each afternoon in the playground. It’s a good opportunity to tell gossips and to criticize our husband and kids. Do you want to come?” Katrina asked. “I’m not a mother but yes. Why not? I’d like to know the other women living around,” Maria answered quite excited about the proposition.

Janne came back late from work. He was exhausted and wanted to have dinner and to sleep. When he arrived he saw his fiancée in the kitchen. There was a plate with lasagna and a glass of water waiting for him. He smiled and forgot immediately his shitty day. “Oh sweetheart. You make me so happy,” he said before to kiss and hug her. While he was eating she talked about the girl meeting in the park and asked about his opinion. “I think that it’s a good idea. You can make new friends. Do you have some more? It’s delicious,” he added and she gave him a second portion but smaller than the first one.

The next day Maria went to the park a bit after 3pm. The women of the neighborhood were already sat on a bench watching at their kids. “Hi girls. I’m Maria, the new comer.” “Hello, welcome in Käpylä. Where did you live before?” Minna asked. “I lived in East Pasila near the Sibelius Park. It was a nice place.” “How long did you live with your boyfriend before to come here?” Laura asked. “Just two weeks. Otherwise we were living in our own apartments. Both were a bit small for two people. It’s the reason why we were looking for a house. And we felt in love with that one,” Maria explained. “Is it not too difficult to live with Havu? I mean, he is sometimes working by night,” Katrina said. “Well, I know that it’s the negative side of his job. But at least I know that he is not in a bar in steed of coming home.” The other women were looking at each other. Did she mean that their husbands preferred to be in bars than at home? Did she mean that they were bad wives?

“And how is he in bed?” Minna asked. “What is that for a question?” Maria asked very surprised. “Don’t be shocked. Here we tell everything. I can tell you that my husband thinks that he is the best one but it’s not true at all. I prefer my gardener,” Minna confessed. “You cheat on your husband?” Maria repeated completely shocked. “Yes and it is great. I’ve no regret. Of course this secret stays between us. No male knows about it. So what about your Janne?” she insisted. “Well I don’t know what to say. We are happy and have a good sex life.” “How many times per week?” Katrina asked very curious. “It depends. Four to six, maybe more. But please keep it secret,” Maria begged and regretted already to have answered the question.

When all the kids were sleeping, Katrina joined Vellu in the bed. She touched him and kissed. “What are you doing? I’m tired. I’d like to sleep. Tomorrow I’ve a long day,” he complained. “Come Vellu! Your job is not harder than the one of the neighbor!” she replied. “But what are you talking about?” Vellu asked while he sat. “We have sex just two times a week and Janne at least four,” she said before to kissed him. “What? You want to have more sex just because the neighbor has more than us? It’s not a competition.” “Is it a no? Look I’m wearing your favorite baby-doll.” Finally Vellu accepted.

BeitragVerfasst: Do 10. Mär 2011, 21:22 
Weltcupsieger

11. Housewarming party

February 7th

Janne Happonen and his fiancée Maria were ready to welcome their guests for the housewarming party. It was a tradition that when someone moved to a new place he invited his friends to celebrated. Havu invited all his ex-teammates. And surprisingly they all accepted to come except Kalle Keituri who was in Germany. He was very enthusiast to meet some of them that he didn’t meet since years. “I just go to the shop to buy more beers. Do you need anything else?” Havu asked his fiancée who was in the kitchen. “No, I think that I have everything. I call you if I need,” she answered while she was preparing a tomato-feta brochette. She was also very enthusiast to meet the friends of her fiancé. He showed some pictures of them when they were young touring the world with long skis. Before to move to Finland she never heard about ski jumping.

Someone rang at the door. It was half past six and the guests were not supposed to come before seven. She washed quickly her hands and almost ran to the door. She opened and found a man really elegant with a long dark coat, dark brown hair long of four or five centimeters and a bunch of flowers and a bottle of wine in his hands covered by dark leather gloves. “Hi, welcome. I’m Maria Dos Santos.” “Hello, I’m Matti Hautamäki. This is for you,” he said while he gave the presents to the lady in front of him. He entered, took off his shoes and coat. He discovered a very charming living room in African style. He had the impression to be in holiday. “May I help you?” Matti asked when he noticed that nothing was really ready. “No, please take a seat. What would you like to drink? Some wine? A beer? A coffee? Some juice? The sangria is not ready, unfortunately,” she proposed. “Just a glass of water, please,” he ordered to the housewife who had curled her black hair. She was wearing a skirt in jeans until the knee and a colorful shirt which lighted up her face. Matti was looking around, lost in his thoughts. “Is everything okay?” Maria asked when she was back with the glass of water. “Yes, I’m just a bit tired. I had a hard day at work and I didn’t sleep well last night,” Matti explained. “You can sleep for an hour in the guest room if you want. You’ll be the first one to go there,” she proposed with a smile. Matti was a bit shy but he was really tired and finally accepted.

When Havu was back, he entered in the house with a couple. He presented his fiancée to Harri and Nina Olli. They offered some dark bread and salt, following the Finnish tradition. But they also gave a bottle of wine. After have visited the living room, the kitchen and the bathroom, Harri asked if he bought a new car. “Oh no, that’s not mine. It’s the car of Matti. But where is he?” Janne asked, looking in the direction of Maria who explained everything. “And you let him alone? Are you not afraid that he repeated what he did on my island?” Harri asked Havu in a low voice. “He is a new man. He changed. You should spend some time with him and you should learn to forgive,” Janne advised.

The bell rang again. It was his former roommate Janne Ahonen. He gave him a bottle of whiskey and congratulated for the beautiful house. Janne already met Maria when he helped them to install the new furniture and had a good feeling with her. He liked her warm and positive attitude. It was what he missed a bit in his life, alone on the military island of Santa Hamina in the middle of young boys not always very enthusiast or older promoted guys. Few minutes later Janne Happonen opened the door and welcomed his neighbors Veli-Matti and Katrina Lindström. Vellu was walking with his stick and explained that his injured leg was hurting again. Some years ago he had an accident while he was riding his bicycle. He was with his friends when a crazy car hit the group. The best friend of Vellu died that day and the leg of Vellu was so badly injured that the doctors didn’t know if they would be able to save it. After a long rehab he was able to walk again but not to run or to ride a bike. Some days, especially when the air pressure was high, he felt some pain in the leg. Everybody had a glass and they were talking together. Matti opened the door and joined the group. He saw that Harri was cold with him but he ignored. He knew that he didn’t forgive that day in July 2020 when he used drugs on his island. He was not addict anymore but he knew that it would not change Harri’s mind. Tami Kiuru arrived some minutes later. He was alone, saying that his wife drove him there but had to go to another meeting. His left wrist was in a plaster. He explained that he slipped on the ice and broke it. It was a stupid accident. “I was reading my emails on my phone and I wasn’t careful enough,” he justified. Janne Ahonen didn’t know exactly why but he was quite sure that it was a lie.

The next guest to knock at the door was Jussi Hautamäki. “Hello Havu. I hope that you don’t mind if I came with two friends?” “Well, no, not really. Do I know them?” “Sure!” Jussi exclaimed and two guys exited his car. “Ville! That’s so nice to see you!” Janne hugged his former teammate, waxman and trainer Ville Kantee. “Yeah man! It’s so great to see you again after so many years. You look happy and you took some extra kilos. The coach will not be happy,” Ville laughed and Janne laughed too. But who was the other guy? “You don’t recognize me? We haven’t been teammate for a long time. I was a Nordic Combiner before to be a ski jumper. Look at my eyes,” the unknown guest said. He had very wide blue eyes. “Oh my God! Sure I know you! It’s so nice to see you Anssi!” and the two boys hugged before to enter in the house. The living room was almost full of people. “Hey guys, look who’s here? Anssi Koivuranta and Ville Kantee!” Havu introduced.

The last guest came thirty minutes later. He was not very good in orientation and he was lost. But finally he found the right house. He parked in the street and hoped that it wasn’t a problem for the inhabitants. He knocked at the door and entered. “Hey guys please,” Havu asked to have a bit of attention from his guests who were talking quite loudly, drinking or eating some savories. “Please welcome Arttu Lappi.”

Zuletzt geändert von Ptitpou am Do 10. Mär 2011, 21:35, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

BeitragVerfasst: Do 10. Mär 2011, 21:22 
Weltcupsieger

After the greetings Havu asked again the attention of his guests. “With Maria, we’d like to thank you all for coming. We moved here last month and we wanted to do the housewarming party with you. Personally I had a lot of pleasure to meet you in Norway and later on the island of Harri. In ski jumping we were a family and I think that it’s important to keep in touch with each other. For example I was glad to help Rane to solve his personal problems and to start a new life. I also helped Matti to treat his addiction. And Matti opened my eyes on the real important things in life. If you don’t mind, I’d like that we exchange some confessions about what our friendship brought or you can just say whatever you want about you. But first, we have three stories to hear.”

“Well… how to start,” Anssi Koivuranta said when he noticed that everybody was looking at him. His hair was still a mess like during his career but they were colored in very dark brown with a blond lock. He didn’t look like a teenager anymore. He was a young adult of 33 years old, smiling and with a positive attitude. He had silver rings to almost all his fingers, leather bracelets, a t-shirt with a surfer printed and a jean with holes. “During the last years of my career I went to a vocation school in art. I was good at painting. I got a job as illustrator for a kid’s magazine when I ended my career. It was fun but I was forced to have a second job to pay the rent of my flat. Once I took the plane and I went to Los Angeles for a couple of months. There I studied design and I worked with professionals which were really crazy. The problem was that they were using illicit products and I refused to join them. Then I felt that I was not welcome anymore. Quickly I ran out of money and had to fly back to Finland. While I was waiting to get a job I bought a block of paper and pencils. In a park I was drawing some clothes I was imagining. One day an old man sat next to me and asked some questions. I was a bit surprised. He looked really interested in my work. He proposed me to meet him the next day. And since that day I’m working as clothes designer in the snowboard department of Halti.” “Oh that’s so great Anssi! Is your jacket one of your creations?” Janne Happonen asked. “Yes, I will show it to the others.” He got up and took his jacket that was hanged in the main lobby. The jacket was white with complicated drawing illustrating two snowboarders doing a half pipe competition. He explained all the details that were present, how many people worked on the project, what was changed, how many hours were needed and the day when the product was presented to the managers who accepted it to the winter collection. “Are you married?” Veli-Matti asked. “No, not yet. I’m engaged.” “Congratulations!” his ex-teammates exclaimed.

Ville Kantee was quiet. He was thinking if he should make up a story or tell the truth. He just hoped that everybody forgot him. Unfortunately for him, Janne Happonen didn’t. “Well… I worked for the team since three years ago. Then I was doing some business with Russia for a friend. He was importing cheap bags.” “Counterfeit?” Havu asked. “No, but inspired by famous brands,” Ville explained. Havu crossed his arms. As a policeman he knew what it was. “Then during few weeks this guy,” he showed Jussi, “was kicked out from his house and I was sorry for him. So I accepted that he slept at my place. I was working a lot and I didn’t see him much. And a day he was not there. He didn’t call me or sent a message. He disappeared like a shit when you flush the toilet.” “I’m not a shit, mother fucker!” Jussi replied, furious. “Stop it immediately or got outside!” the owner of the house warned. When everybody was calm again Ville continued his story. “Then I moved here because in Kuopio there is not much to do. Now I work in the import and export for a furniture factory. That’s all,” he concluded. “I’m always asking the same question but do you have kids? Are you married?” Veli-Matti asked. “No, I’m single and I’ve no problem. I mean kids,” Ville corrected. Vellu was a bit offended but didn’t comment.

The last guest who had to tell his story was Arttu Lappi. He looked good and happy. He was wearing a light brown suite with a dark blue shirt and a dark red tie. “I wanted so much to go to Norway last year but I was so busy that it was impossible for me to travel. I really regret because I can see that you are really like a family. I hope that you will accept a new member.” “Sure! You’re welcome,” Happonen replied. “You probably remember that I ended my career in 2010 after have had a lot of problem with my knee. Since I’m working as sport lawyer and I’m giving some conferences. I’m still working at the moment on the doping scandal of the cross-country skiers in the Olympic Games 2018. It’s a very complex story with many protagonists. My main office is in Helsinki but sometimes I travel through the country and rarely abroad. I’m a bit bored of the sport and I’m currently studying criminal law. I hope to get my diploma next spring. Otherwise I’m recently divorced and I’ve a daughter. She is eight years old. Well, that all. My life is not that exciting,” Arttu explained. “Can we call you if we need a lawyer?” Jussi asked. “Yes, but I cannot help you for everything. If you are divorcing I can give you the name of a colleague.” “Maybe once I’ll call you,” Jussi replied half joking.

BeitragVerfasst: Do 10. Mär 2011, 21:23 
Weltcupsieger

“I’ve a confession to do. My son Mico is back to Finland and I’ll be the first of us to… to become grandfather.” The audience laughed and congratulated. “I didn’t notice that you were so old,” said Harri who was not joking. “When is the birth scheduled?” asked Katrina. “For the end of next month if everything goes well,” Janne specified. “Do you know if it’s a boy or a girl?” Maria asked. “A boy. They are looking for a name at the moment,” Janne answered. “It can be Mimo, Mino, Miro, Mito, Mivo, Mixo or Mizo,” Harri proposed because Janne was not very creative with Mico and Milo. But the future grandfather didn’t answer. Harri was not funny.

Ville Kantee took his glass and asked for some attention. “With Anssi we just had a brilliant idea. Let’s recreate The Kroisos! I’m sure that we can be quite successful. I’m still able to sing. Anssi can play the drum or the bass. Who want to join?” “But wait. Who will pay a concert ticket to see the band on stage? Everybody has forgotten us and our German groupies are probably married and won’t travel to Finland,” Jussi added. “In a month there are the Lahti Ski Games. Let’s get ready and have a concert there. It would be fantastic if you join us Janne. You are a legend! People will come,” Ville continued with enthusiasm. “I don’t have a lot of free time to repeat. And I don’t have an instrument,” Ahonen said. “You can sing. People love you,” he insisted. “Okay. Why not?” Ahonen accepted. “What about you Havu?” “Forget me. I never played an instrument and I sing very badly. But I’ll be in the audience or I can sell the t-shirts,” Happonen laughed. “I join,” Jussi said. “Harri it will be fantastic if you joined,” Ville said with enthusiasm. “No thanks. I don’t want any more to end up in the crap Finnish magazines. I’m done with that,” Harri explained. “But you don’t need to play naked or to be drunk,” Ville insisted. “Sorry but it’s a definitive no,” Harri answered. “My brother can be the manager. He was working in a bank before to be fired and he is rich. He can help us to buy instruments and to pay the recording studio,” Jussi added. “You’ve been fired?” repeated Harri almost shocked. “It was not a job for me. And Jussi I forbid you to play with my money. You won’t get a cent for that fucking band.”

Matti was upset. He wore his coat and shoes and went for a smoke outside. Nina Olli was already there. “Nice evening isn’t it?” she said. “Yes,” he said while lighted his cigarette. “I think that I should leave. I don’t feel really good, I’m tired and my brother is really stupid.” After some small talks Nina asked a personal question to Matti. “Are you sick? I know that you will not answer but I think that I know what’s happening to you and I guess that you keep it secret. I can see your pain in your eyes. Matti, one day you will have to tell it. Do it before it’s too late,” she suggested. Matti was a bit surprised. How did she know? Was it that visible? “You are the first one to really understand. It’s so difficult to live with,” he said with a tear in the eye. She hugged him to comfort. From the window of the guest room where he went to answer a phone call, Harri looked at the smokers. How Matti dared to touch his wife? Angry he took his coat and joined them. “What are you doing?” he asked with aggressively voice. “We are just talking. I hugged because I was glad to meet him. Nothing else Harri. What did you expect?” she asked. “I’ll tell you later.” And he went back to the house. It was too cold outside. Matti and Nina exchanged their phone numbers. “We should meet again. I’ll call you some day,” Nina said.

When everybody was back Janne Happonen had to do a confession. “Hey guys. Maria and me decided get married this summer,” he said while he was holding her hand. Everybody congratulated the couple with best wishes.

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 14. Mär 2011, 15:32 
Weltcupsieger

12. The Kroisos is back

March 7th

It was Saturday evening in Lahti. The ski jumping team competition ended few hours ago with the win of the Norwegian team. Austria and Poland completed the podium. Unfortunately for the public the Finnish team missed that podium for less than a point. The previous band was performing on the stage. The room was full. It was a good sign. The musicians of The Kroisos were a bit stress. It was their first concert since eight years and the first one with the new members. During the month of February they repeated the songs of the former band. It was not that easy that everybody was playing right at the same time. Ville wanted to create a new song but he was running out of time. For everybody Janne Ahonen was still a legend. Because of him they had no difficulties to be schedule for the evening concert of the competition. When the media heard about it they wrote articles about it and seemed to be really interested in. The public too. Suddenly the last tickets were sold few hours after the announcement of their participation. But few minutes before to perform they were stressed. They hope that everything would be fine and that everybody would play right.

At half past one Anssi sat behind the drum, Jussi entered on the right side of the stage and Ville crossed the stage to the microphone which was a bit on the right. “Hello everybody. Are you ready to rock?” he asked the audience which was quite excited. The answer was a noisy yes. Ville played the first notes of Look at Me Now on his guitar. Jussi and Anssi followed him. After have sung the first lines, another voice joined him. This voice was more melodic and down and the public was moving like if they wanted to know who was in the darkness. When it was the chorus Janne Ahonen entered the stage and sang with Ville. The public was screaming. At the first row there were some girls which looked to be totally hypnotized by their performance. Ville was happy to see some groupies again. He jumped down the stage and continued singing in the middle of the girls. They were so excited that they almost tear up his t-shirt. “Hello girls,” he said with a wrinkle before to go back to the stage. The security agent looked worried. The girls were more and more excited. For the last song, the boy threw their t-shirts to the audience which was crazy. The concert was a triumph.

“Oh guys, you were amazing!” congratulated Arttu Lappi who was in the audience. “The best show ever of The Kroisos,” he added. “Thanks and thank you guys. Without you this crazy project would never come true. Let’s hope for more shows and a new CD! The Kroisos revival! I love you!” Ville said totally exhausted. His hair was full of sweat drops. “Janne, the media want to talk to you,” Jussi said to Ahonen. “Anssi, you should draw some design for merchandizing and a website,” Ville suggested. “Wait Ville. It was only our first concert and during a ski jumping competition. I’m not sure that we will have the same success outside,” Jussi reminded. “I don’t mind to do a design for the band but I think that Jussi is right. Let’s see after the next concert,” Anssi added.

Janne Ahonen came back after fifteen minutes. “They seemed to have enjoyed the show. They said that we were better than the jumpers. I didn’t comment that. It’s not my business to comment the current Finnish team. They asked about the future of the band and I said that we have to think of it but we enjoyed the show and it was great to see that the audience appreciated. Well there were only two guys. I guess that the others went to sleep. But outside girls are waiting,” he laughed.

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 14. Mär 2011, 18:22 
Weltcupsieger

13. Undesirable

The snow was dark. It didn’t fall for a long time and it was now dirty by the traffic. The landscape was as sad as the sky. Winter should still last for few weeks or maybe a bit longer. Matti Hautamäki was sat on the sofa of Nina Olli, drinking a hot tea. They spoke the whole afternoon about the feelings of Matti and she explained what would happen to him the following months. Matti was still sad but in a way he was happy to have found someone with whom he could talk. “Have you already decided when you will tell it to your family?” she asked. “No, not yet. But I know that my brother is wondering. I guess that Janne Happonen as well. Ten years ago I was not someone who got the flu or any other illness easily. But since five years have been sick very often. And I’m bad at lying,” he said before to drink a sip. “I can give you two advices at the moment. Try to stop smoking and also stop drinking alcohol. Also, don’t forget to eat three meals per day even if you are not hungry. If you lose too much weight you will be soon in big trouble. Drink enough water and eat fruits. And the most important, don’t stay at home. Go outside, enjoy your life and do some sports. You will suffer a lot if don’t exercise,” she advised.

That day Harri was coming back home a bit earlier. He turned in the street where his house was and was surprised to see the car of Matti driving in the other direction. He parked his car and opened the door. His wife was in the kitchen, putting two tea cups in the washing machine. “What was he doing here?” he asked straight away. “Hello Harri. How was your day?” she asked, ignoring his question. “What was Matti doing in my house?” he insisted. “Harri, it’s not your house. It’s our house. And I can invite whoever I want,” she replied. “Whoever yes, but no him! Not that guy or his brother. Do I need to remind you that he used drugs on our island and that his brother wanted to kill me in Norway?” he insisted. “I will tell him to don’t come back. But please, don’t talk to me that way. I’m not your colleague or a dog.” “I’m sorry,” he apologized.

BeitragVerfasst: Mo 14. Mär 2011, 20:59 
Weltcupsieger

14. I will show you who I am

March 26th

Mico Ahonen noticed that his parents were not really happy about his situation. His mother Tiia was always after him for everything. She asked if he paid his bills, if he did the shopping or washed his clothes. Every week she was visiting and checked each single detail. And of course, they were quarrelling. And since the baby, a lovely little boy named Nelson, was born ten days ago she was visiting more often. With his father it was not much better. Mico felt that he was disappointed that he didn’t become a famous ski jumper. Two days ago, Mico sent a letter to his father to invite him to the Hartwall Areena in Pasila. He said that he was coming. Mico was a bit stress. He wanted to show to his father that he made the right choices for his life.

Janne entered in the Hartwall Areena at 17:55. Many people were already there. Some of them were wearing the shirt of their favorite team. Many fathers came with their sons. Some young adults were drinking beers and were quite loud. Nevertheless the atmosphere was relaxed. Janne checked his ticket and sat on the seat with the number 44. On his left the fans of the Jokerit Helsinki were all wearing the shirt of the team and some of them had huge flags. A group of boys were stood up, singing a song while the both teams were warming on the ice. Few minutes later the sportsmen disappeared. Janne wondered where Mico was. The seats 43 and 45 were still empty. The music was quite loud but it was good music in Janne’s opinion. It was rock music. Suddenly on the screen there was a timer decreasing and the joker said that it was game time. The players from Tampere entered on the ice. The fans of the Jokerit hissed them. It was not fair play. On the other side of the ice, there were four kinds of containers with fire. The players of the Jokerit entered one by one. The speaker was announcing their names very quickly. And suddenly Janne heard the name of his son. He was looking at all the players to find his son but they were really fast. And he didn’t hear which number he had.

The game was really fast. But the Jokerit seemed to be more organized that Tappara. After eight minutes of game, the Jokerit scored. Almost the whole stadium exploded of joy. The joker hanged at the ceiling blew some smoke and the music of Rocky was played. The pom-pom girls were dancing on the stairs. When the game started again, Janne saw the name of his son written on the shirt. He had the number 50. Janne was following his son. He was not looking at the game. Suddenly a player from Tappara pushed Mico violently in the barrier. Janne almost jumped on his seat. He hoped that he was not injured. The other player got a penalty of two minutes. But the most important thing was that Mico was safe. At the break of the first third Jokerit was leading by one goal to zero. On the screen Janne saw that Lahti was losing 3-0 to Jyväskylä. He had never been an ice hockey fan but he was supporting Lahti. It was his city.

The second third started after fifteen minutes of break. Janne was always checking if Mico was on the ice. His team scored again after three minutes. He applauded and smiled. Mico entered few minutes later on the ice. Janne was enthusiast and very stressed. His heart was beating really fast. His hands were cold. One was on his knee and he was touching his chin with the second one. Mico was really fast. He gave the puck to another player and came close to the goal of Tappara. Janne was so excited. Would Mico score? He shot but just missed the goal. Janne sat again and tried to calm down. What a stressful game! Just before of the second third Tappara scored. The audience protested but it was a very well done shot. Some seconds later the signal for the break rang and half of the public was leaving. They needed a beer or sausage break after such a game. Janne stayed at his place and listened to the music which was played. It was pretty great. He took his phone and wrote an SMS to Mico: “I’m proud of you. I love you. Dad.”

The last third started like the others. Very aggressive with a lot of speed. But less than two minutes later Tappara scored again. The teams were at equality. The fans of the Jokerit were making a lot of noise to encourage the team. They were singing a song but Janne couldn’t understand the lyrics. He was too far away. None of the teams wanted to lose the game. Many players from each side were pushed in the barrier and many got penalties. Two minutes were left. Everybody was tense. Janne was biting his fingers. His son was on the ice. The shots were fast. A player from the Jokerit got a penalty at the worst moment of the game. They were only three players and the goalkeeper to score to the team from Tampere. The last seconds were intense and fast. The referees had to stop the games three times in less than twenty seconds. Janne was exhausted. He wanted that this game ends soon. Mico was close from the goal of Tappara. He got the puck from another player and shot. The goalkeeper tried to stop the shot but it was too late. The public screamed of joy. The joker on the ceiling smoked again with the music of Rocky. Janne was so happy. He got up and applauded. He hoped that Mico could see him. The game continued for the last eight seconds but none of the teams had time to score.

Finally Jokerit won 3-2 to Tappara. All the players shook their hands and left the ice little by little. At the end, just the number 50 was in the middle of the ice rink. The commentator joined him. “What a game Mico Ahonen! How does it feel to win?” “The game was intense but we never give up. We have a strong team spirit and all the fans here helped us. You are fantastic!” And all the spectators who were still there screamed. “This win is special for me. My father came for the first time to see me and I hope that he enjoyed the game and is proud of me.” Janne had tears of joy in his eyes. Of course he was proud of his son.

Janne waited in the main lobby that the players exited the changing room. He was really impatient to hug his son. Mico came a quarter later with a wide smile on his face and a big bag in his left hand. He put it on the floor and the two boys hugged. “Mico, the words are missing. I’m so proud of you that I feel a bit lost. You were amazing tonight. I’m the happiest father on heart.” “I’m happy to hear it. Thanks for coming. I really wanted to show you that I was not just playing ice hockey with my friends. I joined the team at the end of January. This goal was my third one of the season. The coach is really happy. I just renewed my contract with the team for the next season. Isn’t it great?” Mico asked. “It’s fantastic!”

BeitragVerfasst: Di 15. Mär 2011, 07:31 
Weltcupsieger

15. Cassandra

May 5th

Matti was sat on the examination’s table of his doctor. He was alone with the nurse. She was probably 28 or maybe early 30 years old. She had curly brown hair touching her shoulders. She was as tall as him and she looked healthy. Not skinny and not with overweight. It was at least the fifth time that she assisted his doctor. She just took a blood test. “Cassandra, do you know when I’ll have the result?” he asked. “Probably in two weeks,” she answered. “May I invite you for a dinner?” he proposed it after have noticed that she wasn’t wearing a ring at her left ring finger. “You know Matti, we are not supposed to meet our patients in private,” she explained. “Life is too short and you know that mine is much shorter than the average. I’d like to know a bit better the nurse who takes care of me,” he insisted. “It’s hard to explain. If we know each other better, I will not do well my job when it will turn bad. There will be too much emotion.” “I’m sure you will do well. You are the best nurse I know. Look when you take a blood test I don’t have a big bruise for a week. What’s your favorite cuisine?” “You never give up. Okay, French cuisine,” she finally answered with a smile. “Okay, see you on Friday at 8 o’clock at Fransmanni,” Matti said while he wore his jacket. When he exited the room he was the happiest man on earth.

Friday evening he was waiting at the table. He hoped that she would come. At least he didn’t get a last minute SMS to cancel. He wore a dark red long shirt and a black trouser. He decided to don’t wear a tie. He looked too serious with it. Cassandra arrived some minutes later. She let her coat in the entrance and walked to the table where Matti was looking at her. She had a long black dress and had a red flower in her hair. “You look beautiful tonight,” he complimented.

He ordered duck in a mustard sauce and she chose the snails in Provencal sauce. Matti was a bit surprised. “Snails? Are you sure?” he asked. He was imagining these poor little animals moving slowly on a wall and then threw in hot water. What a cruel destiny. And then, would they move again on the tongue? And in the stomach? “Don’t look that shocked. It’s delicious,” she laughed. “You already tried?” he asked. “Yes, when I was in France. My grand-mother is French and every summer we went there to visit the family when I was a kid. My grand-mother is the best cook for snails. She has other delicious recipes. I ordered these ones because I missed them. I haven’t eaten for since years,” she confessed. When they received their meals, Matti looked suspiciously in the plate of his guest. The shell was full of sauce. Where were the snails? She took her fork and caught the animal in the shell. “Please try it,” she proposed. Matti took the fork and put the animal in his mouth. The feeling was pretty strange. The sauce had a pleasant taste. Then he felt something on his tongue. He moved the snail to the right, then to the left. He bit slowly but the snail was like a jumping soap! Cassandra was laughing. Finally he swallowed and the snail rolled to his stomach. “It’s… interesting,” Matti said before to drink some water. “You can admit that you don’t like,” she said still laughing. “Okay, I admit that it was nice to try but I will not be able to eat a whole plate.”

Before to get their dessert Cassandra said that during her free time she was a singer. “Oh really? Do you sing in a band?” he asked curious. “No, since the beginning of the winter season I’m singing at the opera. I’m a soprano,” she said while she noticed that his face looked very interested. “That’s fantastic! I love opera! I’m a regular spectator but since last autumn I didn’t assist to a single show. I’d love to see you. When is your next show?” he asked very enthusiast. “Tomorrow at 8 o’clock.” “I’ll be there,” he promised.

They exited the restaurant a bit before 10 and walked to her car. “Thanks for the evening Matti. I’ve to go home to sleep. I’ve to be ready for tomorrow.” “You’re welcome. I spent the best evening since ages. See you tomorrow.” He kissed her on the cheek and left quickly. He had a wide smile on his face and was happy.

BeitragVerfasst: Di 15. Mär 2011, 09:52 
Weltcupsieger

Right after breakfast he went to the office nearby which sold the opera tickets. “Sorry, it’s sold out.” “What? No, there should be some free seats. The price has no importance,” Matti insisted but didn’t get a ticket. Then he drove his car directly to the opera. But there also, it was sold out. Where could he get a ticket? Then he remembered that the bank where he worked was a sponsor and they always had free or cheap tickets for the employees. He called Mariina the secretary with whom he talked a lot during the cigarette break. “Hi Mariina, it’s Matti. How are you?... May I ask you something?... Do you know if the bank still has opera tickets?... Yes, I know… Can you say that it’s for you?... Only one ticket for the show of tonight… oh shit you’re right! The bank is closed today!... I really need a ticket for tonight… to call Ricardo? He will kill me… Well… we live only once. I will try. Thanks for your help and have a nice weekend.” He hanged up. Ricardo was responsible of the marketing department. Matti had some difficult time with him because he was asking very often for tickets, more than what he was allowed to get. He breathed deeply and called him. He explained the situation and promised that it was the last time that he asked for tickets. “If it’s the only solution to get rid of you, come to Stockmann main entrance at 2pm sharp,” Ricardo said and Matti promised to be there.

Matti entered in the opera a bit after 7. The main lobby was quite crowded. He was wearing a dark blue suit, a white shirt, a bow-tie and black shoes. He saw his reflection on a mirror and smiled. The women were wearing very elegant dresses and some of them had very complicated hats with feathers. The ticket that he got was a VIP ticket. He entered in the lounge and a woman proposed a glass of champagne. He knew that he should avoid alcohol but that evening was special. He wanted to enjoy it. In the middle of the room there was a huge buffet. Almost everybody had a plate and was eating the delicious food. He just took a little canapé with salmon mousse, few salmon eggs and capers. “See who’s here? Hautamäki.” Matti turned and saw one of his former colleagues. “Hi Tapio. Nice to see you again,” Matti said. Tapio was fifty-five years old with grey hair, glasses and a thick moustache. He was accompanied by Sanna, his personal assistant. He was married but Matti always had the impression that Tapio had an affair with Sanna. Because it was not his business, he never commented. “What are you doing here?” Tapio asked. “I went to watch an opera. You should remember that I’m addict,” Matti replied and Tapio laughed. “You came alone? Where’s your girlfriend?” “Yes, I’m alone. I’m single at the moment.” “What are you doing now? Are you working for a competitor?” “No, I’m working in an office. I’m just doing some paper work. It’s more relaxed,” Matti explained.

A quarter before 8 Matti went to his seat on the first balcony. He was quite disappointed to notice that most of the seats reserved for the companies were empty. It reminded him the Olympic Games in Turin in 2006 when they were jumping in an almost empty stadium. The sponsors booked the majority of the seats and nobody came for the competitions. There it was the same. For the public the show was sold out but around ten percent of the seats were free less than five minutes before the show started.

The opera was Il Trittico by Puccini in three parts performed in Italian with Finnish, Swedish and English subtitles on the screen on the side of the stage. The first part was the dramatic Il tabarro a cloak-and-dagger story fired by the jealousy of an upstaged husband. It was an interesting evocation of the soundscape of Paris at the turn of the 20th century. The second part was a comedy in the story of the Renaissance trickster Gianni Schicchi, who manages to con the relatives of a recently deceased rich man out of their inheritance, not to speak of smoothing the path for young love along the way. And finally the third part, Suor Angelica, was telling the story of a woman who is abandoned by her family and flees to a convent, driven to desperation by the death of her illegitimate child. Cassandra was interpreting that woman, sister Angelica, so well that Matti felt pain for her. She was so beautiful and talented. Her voice was clear like crystal. There was only her on the stage. He didn’t pay attention to the others. When she heard that her son was dead, she prepared a poison and drank it. But just before to die she saw her son running to her. But it was too late. At the end of that part, Matti took a handkerchief in his pocket and erased his tears. It was so touching and full of emotions. It was probably the best play he ever saw. The whole auditorium applauded and everybody stood up. The show was a triumph.

“You were amazing! Congratulations!” Matti exclaimed when Cassandra joined him in the main lobby where most of the people already left. “Thank you so much. I’m glad to see you here. And you look great tonight,” she complimented and he smiled. “Do you have time for a cup of tea?” he proposed. “Yes, where do you want to go?” she asked. “Well, I think that all the cafés are closed at that time. Is it okay to go to my flat?” She hesitated a bit. Matti was her patient and she was not supposed to know him personally. To go to his flat even just for a tea meant a lot. “Just a tea. Nothing else,” he insisted a little bit. “Okay if you promise.” “I promise,” he replied.

Luckily Matti cleaned his flat in the morning. He didn’t want to show how messy he could be. He also had luck that his cats didn’t play a stupid game during his absence such as tearing up the toilet paper. She was sat on his sofa with a long blue dress. She was looking at his leaving room while he was preparing the tea in the kitchen. She got up and looked at his pictures on the shelf. “Is he your brother?” she asked when he was back. “Yes, he is older than me. I’ve also a little brother,” he explained. “Where did you get that medal?” she asked while she looked at the picture on the right. “At the Olympic Games in 2006. I was a ski jumper.” “Oh really? Wow, this is really impressive.” He smiled and opened a drawer. He took a box and opened it. The medal was there. He caught it and placed it around Cassandra’s neck. “This is heavy!” she commented. “It’s the weight of all the sacrificed I made to get it. You can keep it,” he said. “Are you crazy? Matti, it’s yours. You just told me that it was the symbol of the hard work that you did. No, sorry. I can’t accept.” And she gave it back.

After have drunk her tea she decided that it was time to leave. “Thanks for the tea and see you some day. Probably at the office.” “Have a nice Sunday,” he wished before to come closer and to kiss her. “Matti, we shouldn’t and you know it,” she reminded but didn’t push him back. “I know. But feel…” He took her hand and put it on his chest. His heart was beating quite fast. “Matti, it will be a tragedy and you know it.” “I know but I will not hide my feelings. Cassandra, I love you.”

BeitragVerfasst: Di 15. Mär 2011, 10:36 
Weltcupsieger

16. A choice to make

May 25th

Janne Happonen was at work on his computer. He was logged in the people database. He was looking for information about a car thief. He saw that the man was Estonian and lived in Finland since only three years. During these three years he had been caught twice by the police for small robberies but never went to prison. He noted his address on a piece of paper. But he was quite sure that it was an old or fake address. He was also verifying if some relatives were living in the country. Of course the answer was negative.

He took his mug of coffee but realized that it was empty. He went to the coffee machine to fill it and noticed that it was his seventh mug of the day. Maybe was it too much? He didn’t know and went back to his computer. On his desk he saw the paper that Janne Ahonen gave him some months ago with a name to search. He knew that if he found something the consequences could be awful for someone. When the coffee mug was empty again he entered the name of the daughter of Tami Kiuru into the database. When he saw the result he was under shock. “Oh my God…” The truth was written in his database. The cruel reality. How a family had been destroyed. He didn’t know what to do. Should he continue his investigation? Should he tell everything to his ex-flat mate? Or was it better to keep it secret? At that moment he chose the last option.

He couldn’t sleep that night. He got up silently and went to his computer downstairs. He hoped that he didn’t wake Maria up. He saw that the Norwegian Björn Einar Romören was online. What was he doing at 3 in the morning on his computer? Janne wrote hello and waited but he didn’t get an answer. He chose to write a letter to Tami. He didn’t know if once he would find the courage to send it. But at that moment he really felt that he had to write down his feeling and all what he knew. This subject was quite difficult and he could come to visit or meet him in a café to talk about it.

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 34 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde